Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation 2012

Yesterday afternoon, Megan graduated from high school. Being her big sister, it was a bittersweet moment for me. I was instantly taken back to the special day when I graduated. A strange and emotional feeling rushed over me as I thought, just four years ago I was sitting in those seats. Nervous smile on my face, speech in my hand, hope in my heart. And now, my sister has taken the same journey. What really left a huge impact on me about yesterday's festivities is just how fast four years can fly by. I know it's cliche, but it really does seem like just yesterday I graduated. Life after high school had begun and I had the opportunity to take on the world. I can only hope my sister feels the same way. She had some big shoes to fill, and she went above and beyond to follow in my footsteps. I could not be anymore proud. With that being said, I want to share part of her Valedictorian speech.


Class of 2012, 
I would like to share with you the Three C's of Life: Choice, Chance, and Change.

Choice: Every choice we make impacts our lives whether we realize it or not. Over the past four years, we made choices to get up and go to school, choices to set personal goals, and most importantly, the choice to be here today.

Chance: As graduates, we have the chances that can take us many different places in life. We have the chance to go out into the world and become whatever we desire. From attending college to traveling the globe, we must embrace every possible opportunity to reach success.

Change: Adapting to change is a vital key throughout life, and we must be able to deal with the curve balls thrown at us. Greatness never happens without a few bumps here and there. As seniors, we must never forget the memories made, but must move on and fulfill our dreams.

You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

To my family, friends, teachers, and fellow classmates, I thank you.
Congratulations Class of 2012!

1. Hats Off / 2. Introducing the Class of 2012 / 3. Clap, clap, clap / 4. Valedictorian Speech / 5. "To My 
Family.." / 6. Support / 7. Anticipation / 8. The Line / 9. Tassel Turning / 10. We Did It / 11. Spotted 
in the Crowd / 12. Family Photo / 13. Newly Graduated / 14. Friends / 15. Future Ohio 
State Buckeyes / 16. Congratulatory Cake


<3 oohv

4 comments:

  1. Awww! Congrats to your sister! My little sis is graduating in a few weeks too. I'm probably going to cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so close to crying! haha, it is such an emotional time to remember when I graduated, plus feel proud because my sister made it too! Congrats to your little sister :)

      Delete
  2. I graduate in a week. It is such a wonderful feeling that I get to tackle the next stage of my life!Congrats to your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Congratulations to you, too. It is such a wonderful feeling - make sure you cherish it.

      Delete