Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tattoo Tuesday - Nautical

Nautical tattoos have been around since the early 17th century. Sailors were notorious for displaying such tattoos that represent myths and fantasies in relation to the sea. It is said that people who have nautical tattoos are often as mysterious and as vast as the ocean. The most popular type of nautical tattoo is the nautical star, which was used to guide lost sailors in the night. Other types include tattoos with the underlying theme of aquatics, boating, navigation, sea creatures, mermaids, ships, etc. Being that I LOVE the ocean, I find this theme to be of interest. I could definitely use a couple days on the beach right about now...



<3 oohv

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I am totally in love with every single one of these tattoos. It makes me ache for a couple of my own though! Ha.
    I'm completely smitten by your blog, by the way. Your new follow right here :D

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Correction:* I TRIED to follow via GFC, but computer is being super lame. I'll try again tomorrow though! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! I love the anchor cameo and the little boat sketch the best!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete