Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday - Girls with Dragon Tattoos

This week's Tattoo Tuesday post has been inspired by Stieg Larsson's #1 New York Times bestselling book "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I initially heard of this novel a couple of years ago when it first came out. Being the bookworm that I am, I wondered what all the hype was about. My father recently read all three books in the trilogy and highly recommended them. A few others have also claimed these books as "must reads." It was always on my list of books-to-read, but with the combination of changing my major and getting back into my school routine, it sat on my shelf for a few months. When I finally saw the preview for the movie adaptation, I knew I had to read this book. For about a week now, I have been reading every chance I get. My goal is to finish it before the movie comes out on the 21st. I'm a little over 200 pages in and it's getting so good that I'm having trouble putting it down! (love that feeling)

According to Bulls Eye Tattoo, "A dragon tattoo on a woman usually acknowledges 'woman as the creator.' Like the dragons of many mythologies, woman's true body form is that of life, the world and the universe. It is this superior form that allows her to be without equal. Dragon body art also represents a flowing, fluid grace that conceals a reserve of power just beneath the cool surface. Studies have shown that women who get dragon tattoos become more self-confident and assertive."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment