Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Food Feature - Cheerio Treats!

In need of a quick dish for the Christmas holiday? Try a Cheerio Treat! This delicious snack is a twist on the traditional Rice Krispie Treat recipe. The first time I tasted a Cheerio Treat was when my boyfriend and I visited his parents. His mother made them to bring back to his apartment, but on the way home we ate about half of the bag! They are THAT tasty :) Trust me. And they are also so simple to make. That's why I've decided to share this recipe!






Step 1: Grease a 13x9 glass dish with butter.

Step 2: Melt butter in a decently large pan over low heat. 

Step 3: Once melted, stir in marshmallows and peanut butter.

Step 4: Stir until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy. 

Step 5: Remove the pan from heat and stir in Cheerios until they are well coated.

Step 6: Add half of the chocolate chips into this mixture and stir until all ingredients are blended together. 

Step 7: Press into the glass dish. 
(Tip: I coat my hands with butter when putting the mixture in the pan. This way, the cheerios won't stick to my fingers!


Step 8: Once pressed evenly, pour the remaining chocolate chips on top of the treats. You can add as many as you like!

Step 9: Let the dessert cool for about 10-15 minutes.
<3 oohv


8 comments:

  1. Oh my.....chocolate and peanut butter.....marshmallows....I need to have these. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAKE THEM! It seriously takes 15 minutes! And it's so worth it :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....annnnd I did it last night. Currently eating some for breakfast. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look DELICIOUS! I put the recipe in queue for things I have to make! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! marshmallows and peanut butter, PERFECT!

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good! Definitely going to try to make them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I might ust try it for Christmas...and any other day I have sweet tooth! btw, You have an amazing blog! I can’t wait to read more.
    Your newest Follower,
    Mary from ♥ meowwzie.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!! :) I hope the recipe worked out for you

    ReplyDelete