Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday - Photography Related

The one and only tattoo I am absolutely sure of wanting in the future is one that deals with photography. Over the years, photography has become an integral part of my life. I was always the one documenting every hang out, probably annoying most of my friends, by snapping pictures. With my camera at my side, I didn't care. I used to go through disposable cameras like it was my job and when I was a freshman in high school, my mother bought me my first digital camera. I would say that's when I really started seeing the world around me in a whole new light. Yes, I still liked taking pictures of my friends, with my friends. But it was during high school that I began taking pictures involving different subject matter. Landscapes, cool stuff I'd find in my back yard, nature, interesting items at the thrift store, food, the weather, random people, my pets. All these "things" around me were not just "things" anymore. I saw them as art and wanted to show others my perspective through photographs. I wanted people to see what I saw when I looked through the lens.

As a graduation present, my mother then bought me my first DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera, the Nikon D40. I was in love. This camera opened up a whole new world of opportunity for me. Hours of practice, going on photo adventures with friends and books about photography techniques were the perfect combination to the start of my lifetime hobby. A little over a year ago, I bought myself the Nikon D7000. The need for a more "professional" camera led me to this decision. Along with purchasing the camera, I built up my equipment collection by adding a new lens, flash, flash accessories, battery grip, tripod and other various items.

If someone would have told me years ago that I'd be taking wedding photos, senior pictures, family portraits, etc., I'm not sure that I would believe them. I never went searching to find that one thing in life that I'm really good at, my one true talent. Instead, I like to believe that it found me.

Without further ado, these are a few tattoos I've looked at for inspiration.



















<3 oohv


7 comments:

  1. hi gorgeous!
    i am loving the tattoo pictures
    really vintage :)

    i found your blog @ Tastes Like Love
    and i wanted to invite you to my blog
    because my friend Summer and I
    are hosting a Secret Santa
    Blogger Style! I would love
    for you to be a part of it!

    stop by my blog and join us!

    http://onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com/2011/11/secret-santa.html

    If you can please help us
    spread the word i would really
    appreciate it !!

    xoxo
    Melina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO pretty tattoo's! =) I am just recently getting into photography as well, and though it probably won't ever be a job for me, it's very theraputic. I am enjoying learning about film camera's right now and see how I like them as opposed to digital camera's. I love photography though. And I love tattoo's. What better than a tattoo of photography?! ha! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smile one and the ones in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tattoos are amazing. I've never been big into tattoos but I love these.

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tattoo inspiration! I think the polaroid one is my favorite- so beautiful/whimsical :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete