Sunday, November 20, 2011

Short Hair, Don't Care

Guessssss what!? I chopped all of my hair off! Well, not really all of it, but a good portion of it. I can honestly say that I have never felt better about a hair cut in my entire life. After growing it out for over a year, I realized that long hair is not for me.


Most girls look great with long and flowy hairstyles but I often found myself getting lost behind my wavy hair. The longer it got, the harder it was to tame. Plus, I ran out of shampoo and product twice as fast and it took twice as long to style/blow dry. Half way through the day I usually would put it in a pony tail or messy bun anyway - not very flattering on me. I debated for a while on whether or not I wanted to cut it because in the past whenever I went from long to short, I instantly regretted it. Not this time! I was looking for something different, something chic. I've had short hair before, but not styled like this. I'm extremely happy with the outcome and will most likely keep it this way for a while.


I think it's interesting how a hairstyle/haircut can change a person's overall appearance. I especially noticed this with myself while going through old photos. I sorted through and found some hairstyles I have tried over the years. Some are interesting to say the least (haha), so don't be too judgmental!  :)


This is me with my natural hair color - when I used to straighten it so much that I had breakage. I'm sure everyone went through that phase at some point in the adolescence. 

This is when I thought it was cool that my hair was all one length, and I would flip it out on the ends like Mary Tyler Moore. 

This was my first day of school, Senior year. I had bangs and would wear it half up half down. Not really sure where that hair inspiration came from...?

Extension. This should have been the day I knew that long hair looked ridiculous on me. Also, long hair + a "poof" was not the best choice. Not sure what I was thinking.

 Medium Length. Black. I really did like this style and rocked it for a while. 
This picture is from my graduation party :)

After a while I was bored with jet black, so I got highlights which looked okay on me. It was a change and at the time I was content with them.

My hair lightened up so much that summer at the beach. It was almost the same color as my sister's by the time summer ended! 

When winter came around, I ended up dyeing it black again and tried switching things up by switching sides for my part. It was kind of weird and never stayed that way, so I ended up switching back soon after. 

This is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life...

...and then I chopped it off

...and added a pink streak!

Highlights ended up making a comeback because I thought it would be cool to eventually go blonde.

This is probably the lightest/blondest my hair will ever be because I absolutely hated it!

 Feather extensions & darker hair!

After the last picture, I just let my hair grow and kept dyeing my roots black when they would grow in. I followed this pattern until the other day when I decided I needed a change!
Let me know what you think about the new look & feel free to share any hair stories of your own :)
<3 oohv

8 comments:

  1. Yay short hair!! I think all of your hair choices have been cute (I shall never reveal my hair disasters in pictures! Including when I accidentally turned it UT orange.. ha!). But I especially love the one you are rocking now!!! EEE! I agree with you though, I am just not a girl for long hair. I didn't know how to style mine and I used wayy too much hair products! Hooray for short hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh my gosh I look like such a bitch in the background of that photo from prom!! AND SKINNY!! Anyways, you honestly look good with basically every hairstyle! I like it how it is now the best I think! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That cut is great for you...I am super jealous of your straight hair because you can pull of a bob like that. My curls would never agree to it haha. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Love Love the last photo, you are so stinkin' gorgeous! I just got my hair cut short too as well as many other bloggers, its kinda funny how it goes around :)

    Janelle

    I would love if you stopped by my etsy shop I think you would look amazing in some of my feather earrings:

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElegantAccessory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you ladies for all the nice feedback :)

    Ashley - short hair > long hair! haha, mine was getting pretty close to UT orange when I tried to dye it blonde by myself. never again!

    Liv - thankk you! you don't look like a bitch, I think you were caught off guard or something. I found all these great pictures of us from back in the day. I think I'm going to do a post with all of them sometime!

    Brenda - I actually have pretty wavy hair, but a round brush works wonders when I try to style it straight! thank you again :)

    Janelle - I'll definitely check out your etsy shop. I guess short hair is in this season hah

    ReplyDelete
  6. a.) you're gorgeous.
    b.) I love it.
    c.) I wish I could have long hair and short hair all at once. darn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No fair, you seriously look great in every single style. I like first highlights picture hair a lot! Seriously so pretty in all of them!

    I hope you'll check out my blog & giveaways, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the short hair! It makes your face stand out more! I had long hair most of my life, and it was such a burden, always getting tangled, I think I'm really just a short-haired girl at heart, too. <3

    ReplyDelete