Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Heart is Still in Chicago

Let me start this post by saying, Chicago is by far my new favorite place to be. The city is so full of life and excitement and promise. The architecture is incredible! The people are so friendly. Everything is better in Chicago. That's a fact. Coming back home after three days of such a privilege was difficult. An extreme sadness set in when I stepped foot off of the plane and was in Youngstown, Ohio again.

My days there were spent to the absolute fullest. Honestly, going to Chicago is not an every day occurrence for someone like me. I wanted to make sure I took advantage of my time. The weather wasn't as cold as I thought it would be, although it did snow the first day. But it was definitely windy. Very windy - hence the nickname of "The Windy City." I was also in good company the whole time, too. My roommates were especially awesome and my teacher is a saint for looking after us all weekend.




























1. Cleveland Airport / 2. Chicago River Walk / 3. TOP SHOP / 4. Church and Trees / 5. The City at Night / 6. Elisa and Myself / 7. Deep Dish Pizza / 8. Fashion Industry Seminar / 9. The cute one in yellow is our teacher! Can you believe it?! / 10. View from our Hotel / 11. bebe Fall Collection / 12. Student Designs / 13. Student Designs / 14. Student Designs / 15. Reflections at Dusk / 16. Riding the Train / 17. Group Shot / 18. Chicago! / 19. Walking and Talking / 20. Golden Bull / 21. Millennium Park / 22. The Bean / 23. Reflections / 24. Distorted City / 25. Spelling out Chicago! / 26. The Navy Pier / 27. Red Ferris Wheel / 28. The Edge of the World / 29. Me and Sam

Unfortunately I didn't cross everything off on my bucket list but that's okay. We still did a lot! Now, I'm looking at it as a "I Must Go Back to Chicago to do These Things List." And I WILL return one day soon. This mini trip has given me a whole new outlook on my future, my life after college. I know that if I want to succeed in my profession, I need to move away from home. I know I was meant to do something great in life and every day I feel like I am making my way to that greatness; I am finding my place. And I am learning that my place is not here anymore. Sure, I'll miss my family and the friendships I've made at home but I need to get out there. Show the world what I have to offer.

I have been inspired and will do something about it.
I will make my mark on this world.
Just wait and see.
<3 oohv

7 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. I've never been to Chicago(I've driven through it but that doesn't count) and I only live about 4 hours away. I really want to visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really really should! If you get the chance. It's definitely an eye-opening experience. I would definitely suggest to go when the weather will be warm because although it was almost 60 degrees our last day there, it felt colder from the wind! and walking around is way more fun then taking a taxi cab everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures and all the outfits are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicago looks super fun! :) I've never been but really want to one day. I love the short hair, and I think you would too!! Can't wait to see what you decide!! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chicago too! Have you ever been to the small China town...it is so much fun to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun.I was to Chicago a couple years ago, and was supposed to go last year for New Years but got the stomach flu...lovely. :-( I really hope to go back one day...you are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! Love the photos! I would love to visit Chicago someday...maybe in a few months from now.

    ReplyDelete