Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Getaway

This weekend was everything I needed and more. Exciting. Eventful. Relaxing. Incredible. Special. Memorable. All good words. I've been so busy with school and work lately that getting away from it all was a nice change of pace. I took a "roadie" with my boyfriend (ooooh!) to his hometown. While there, we went shopping, explored a local park and ate a lot of delicious food! :)

All week long, Mikey was excited about our trip and he kept counting down the days. Little did I know he was planning all along to make what we have official. It was really sweet how he ended up asking me, too. In the morning when he woke up and I was still asleep, he wrote me a note and placed it by my glasses. Being that I am basically blind without them, the first thing I always do when I wake up is reach for my glasses so I can see. Inevitably I felt the note. Inside was written, sloppily like a little kid, "I like you lots. Will you be my girlfriend??? Pick one: Yes, No, Maybe." He even left me a crayon to answer with. Of course I checked yes! I have been nothing but smiles ever since. I've got a good feeling about this, about us. Mark my words.

Anyway! Enough of the sappy stuff. It was really rough getting back into my routine this morning, but I made it through the day and hopefully the rest of this week will fly by. Now, for some pictures from the past couple of days. I brought my film camera with me for the trip and I think that worked out to my benefit because it gave the photos an antique feel which worked perfectly with the outdoor environment. Some of the places pictured are South Park, The Miller Homestead, Stone Manse, and the Whiskey Rebellion Reenactment, all which were in Pennsylvania.




















 



What did YOU do this weekend?

<3 oohv

2 comments:

  1. These phots are amazing! They really do have that antique feel about them.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lauren! I think it's the film...it was a lomography kind

    ReplyDelete