Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday - Sewing Themed

Hey guys! So, SORRY I went MIA there for a little while. It's hard to keep up with blogging when you're sick and bogged down with schoolwork at the same time :( Last week was not very productive for me. From Monday-Saturday I had a killer sore throat and just felt like I was straight up drained of all energy. After multiple strep tests and doctor visits, I found out I had tonsillitis and that my mono was "acting up" as the doctor put it. Because it wasn't caused by the bacteria that causes strep, there was no antibiotic I could take. I just had to wait it out...relaxing, drinking a lot of liquids, sleeping the day away, etc. The worst part is if I keep having repeated throat infections I may have to get my tonsils out!

On a lighter note, I am feeling much better. My Tattoo Tuesday theme this week deals with sewing. I guess you could say I was inspired by my Apparel Production course. In this class we learn all the basics of sewing so that we can appreciate the production process that goes along with the Fashion Merchandising Industry. Needless to say, I have become obsessed with sewing. At first, I was definitely frustrated because sewing is a lot harder than you would think. I was also slightly intimidated because most of the other girls in the class had sewn before. But, here I am about five weeks later and I love it. I bought myself a sewing machine, have started collecting yards of fabric and even made some nifty little projects. I can't wait until we learn how to make a complete garment!

Here you have it ladies and gentlemen: sewing themed tattoos that I fancy

I really like the red thread around the yarn, it ties the whole tattoo together

The infinity symbol is a perfect touch

 
Two tattoos in one!

The mannequin is what sold me about this one

This is a clever idea :) I could see myself getting something similar

Ahh! I love the colors and how a camera was incorporated

I would really like to see this one colored in

Cute, but simple idea

Would you get a sewing inspired tattoo? I know I would.

<3 oohv

2 comments:

  1. I love sewing inspired tattos, I dont know If i would get one though... it would have to be something Ive designed and... I dont know:p maybe one day(:

    Hope you have a lovely day!(;

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this one here :) http://d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net/upload/2204822_evmdMINK_c.jpg

    I draw my own version on my wrist all the time..drives my mom nuts ;) haha love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete